It's Cold.

I have neglected to write about the weather here, and it's truly something that requires some attention. It's cold. And not because it's actually all that cold. The high today was 14 degrees, which is 5 degrees warmer than Saskatoon today. The catch is that it's the temperature both outside and inside my house. We don't have a furnace here. We have small space heaters in each of our rooms, but when people leave for the day, they open all the windows and let the house air out. My flatmates are used to that here, whereas I am used to my house being a small bubble of hot air amidst the cold weather.

I'm slowly adjusting to the cold here, but I do wish that I had packed more warm clothing. I was not anticipating the spring to be so bone-chillingly cold. I suppose the humidity helps to magnify the cold, too. Luckily, the best solution seems to be to get out of the house and go for a walk. Every time I go downtown, I return sweating a bit from the climb up the hill.

0 comments:

Post a Comment