A Down Week

Last week, my flatmates' cat Madox died. We think he was hit by a car down the road. Murray, the other cat, has been mourning the loss of his little companion. It's been a sad week.

I've been sick for a week now. I have a head cold sort of thing, and it wasn't very fun over the weekend. Plus, I added a hangover to the mix, which was not wise.

The advantage of being sick was that I didn't have the energy to do much but stay in my room, so I've been doing a lot of practicing lately. I've been trying to practice up "Spiritual Groove" by Antoine Dufour for tonight's open mic. My throat and voice have not fully recovered, so I'm sticking with instrumental pieces tonight. I'm bound to make some mistakes, but that's alright. I need to know what kind of troubles I have playing it live, as opposed to practicing at home.

0 comments:

Post a Comment