Terry's Songwriters Show: Power On

My session on Wellington Access Radio is now available online. I was putting off blogging until it was ready, but that took much longer than expected. I actually got a recording of it in the mail before it was available electronically.

Having listened to it, I definitely, ummm....need to stop saying "ummm." I also need to say "thank you" less. Clearly I need more experience in interviews. But it certainly could have been more awkward. It would have been much worse a few years ago, so I'm relatively pleased with the outcome.

I have been trying not to play the same songs at the same venues since coming to Wellington. I've been using a spreadsheet to keep track of what I play where, and the names of the people I meet. I'm starting to run out of original songs that I haven't played yet, but the good news is that I'm writing more as I go. It's really good motivation, because now I have a goal in mind: to finish and memorize two songs for open mic next Wednesday. It's quite possible that I'll have three ready, because I finished one yesterday, and have two more that are almost done. Mind you, it's the memorizing that will be the tricky part.

Another observation about cats: they can, and often do, use their hind feet as pillows. I think that's pretty sweet.

0 comments:

Post a Comment