Wellington Performance #2

Last night I attended an open mic night at a place called Bodega. It's just a few blocks away, and they run that event every Wednesday. I met quite a few more local musicians, and it was good to see who else is out there for acoustic performers.

It has been my goal to expose Kiwis to some Canadian artists who don't have a following here. Last night I opened my set with a song by Hawksley Workman, and followed it with a song from Matthew Good. I ended with "Talk Show Host" by Radiohead.

Through some of the people I met last night, I found out about another open mic night tonight. This one has a band of talented musicians who will play along to whatever you want to play there, including originals. I plan to spend most of the day practicing up for tonight. I hope to play a song that I have been struggling to write for 5 years, but could never get past the first two lines. I finished the song this morning, so I have to commit it to memory pretty fast.

0 comments:

Post a Comment