Summer is over...

...but it's almost summer again. In two days I will be going to Wellington, New Zealand to avoid the Canadian winter. I have little planned out for the six months that I will be there, but the plan was not to have a plan. The very act of showing up under-prepared is somewhat of an exercise in non-religious faith, trusting that things will work out.

After completing my work on Notepad Command, I worked on a second, as-of-yet untitled game for Monoclesoft. The music consisted of short loops which play until a certain even is triggered, then move on to the next loop, a slightly more layered version of the previous loop. It was all about stacking parts, musical elaboration, and gradual growth from an initial idea. It was an interesting process to tackle the music that needed to fit that model of progression.

I have been inconsistent with my blog posts, but I hope that my new adventures in New Zealand will inspire me to post more frequently.

0 comments:

Post a Comment