Weezer Tribute Concert

Through a series of coincidences, I performed at a Weezer tribute concert last night, and it was awesome. When I found out that one band had to bail last-minute (due to a toga incident), I emailed the venue and asked if they could use a few more songs from a jet-lagged foreigner. And it worked.

I was the opening act, playing "My Name is Jonas" and "The World Has Turned and Left Me Here." There were four other bands after me, and the variety was awesome. The concert concluded with everyone in the venue singing along to "Say It Ain't So." I lost my voice, but it was worth it.

I was asked to jam with some of the people there, and have made a few contacts in the Wellington music scene. It's unbelievable that I got to play in such a fun concert 36 hours after landing here. I never would have guessed that my first few days here would be so awesome. And I anticipate better things to come.

0 comments:

Post a Comment