On Cats

First off, I played at another open mic night last night. I felt a little out of place, since it was a blues bar, and I wasn't at all playing blues. Oh well. It went quite well. I think I sang better than I've sung before, and I like any exposure I can get.

Continuing my list of observations:

4. I love cats. I usually can't get near them, though, because of my allergies. However, I seem to be tolerating the two cats that live here quite well. There are several things about cats that I enjoy.
a) Cats can sigh. That's just cool.
b) Cats have dreams. And they get all twitchy, and it's funny to watch.
c) Two or more cats often have epic battles. Yesterday Murray (named after Murray in Flight of the Conchords) and Maddox (sp?) waged war in the living room and laundry room, complete with bath breaks, nap breaks, and over-furniture stalking. I was a little disappointed that I didn't see an elbow drop when Murray had the chance, but there's still time to train him.

My dislikes include when they drink the water from my glass and when they leap from your lap suddenly, using their claws to get more grip.

0 comments:

Post a Comment