Christmas

In Canada, if you're bad, you get a lump of coal. In New Zealand, you get a sunburn. I burned my face pretty badly Christmas day, and now it looks like my face is falling apart.

But it was still a fun Christmas. I went to my friend Tamau's family gathering in Petone, a suburb just north of Wellington. He showed me around the area, including along the river, where I got most of my sun damage. The meal was fantastic, and was sort of a barbeque, because it was outside in the sun.

It's just me and the cat at the house now, because my other flatmates have gone their own ways for Christmas til the new year. It's been nice and quiet. I look forward to days of quiet practice while I wait for new skin to arrive.

1 comments:

Determinist said...

Hey Ryan - sounds like you have truly experienced a Kiwi Christmas.

I got my wife a guitar for Christmas - we might be looking for a few tips. :)

Talk soon.

Travis

Post a Comment