Mixed News

I have changed my original plan to stay in New Zealand until April. I have decided to return home on February 2nd, for a whole host of reasons. The most pressing reason is that I haven't found a job, and staying til April would leave me in financial ruin. My trip would be tainted, and so far, it's been amazing. If I leave now, it will be an wonderful and much-needed holiday. If I wait it out, it might be the worst decision I've ever made for my finances.

In addition, I am trying to start up a musical project with and old friend, Kristel. (She isn't old, the friendship is.) I'm really excited about it, and since I came to New Zealand to further my musical career, it would be foolish not to come home for an opportunity like this one. And the opportunity wouldn't have happened if I had stayed at home. I needed this trip more than I ever could have imagined. I will never forget this place.

So I now have about 4 weeks to enjoy what I can here in New Zealand. I hope to do a trip to the south island sometime soon. With the money I'll save leaving early, I can actually do things here, and enjoy the time that I have left.

It was saddening to actually change my flight, but I know that it's the right decision, for so many reasons.

0 comments:

Post a Comment