Album Update

The people at Monoclesoft now have a trailer for the iPad game that I've been working on, Notepad Command. My work on the project is starting to wind down, so I'm looking forward to spending more time finishing my album. I have decided to distribute through CDBaby because I like their pricing, and they seem like a company that really know their stuff. They will sell my music directly, and will also get my music distributed on iTunes and other digital distributors.

I have settled on which songs I want to include on my upcoming album. I have finished writing all but one song, and a few of them are even recorded, but still need some post-production massaging. The one I haven't finished writing will probably be my favorite song on the album, and I'm excited to finish it. I have fragments of lyrics and phrases floating around in my head, but I have yet to bring it all together.

The guitar part is in a very strange tuning, one which I have never used before (Low C, G, D, G, C, E). I wanted to record the guitar part so that I could listen to it on my iPod, in the hopes that it would help the lyric-writing process. Since I did a guitar demo, I though I would post it here anyway. I got a strange stereo effect when I recorded it, and I'm not exactly sure how I got it. I hope I can reproduce it for the final recording.

Guitar Demo by ryanholaday

0 comments:

Post a Comment